Friday 17 June 2016

Overwhelm and Over watering


Overwhelm and Over watering 

I can see by looking at the previous post date that it has been awhile since I've posted a blog. 
Today there was a sudden urge to blog. 

Self-Observation: Today as I was watering the stunning flowers that grace my patio and I noticed that I was being cautious of the amount of water I was pouring at one time.

The flowers are in areas with little hills, so there are pockets or low spots that collect the water. If I poured too much or too fast the water was not there for the purpose in which it was intended, to sustain the life of and nurture the flowers.

 


The birds think this is fantastic because they would very much like a little pool to drink from and bathe in. However, I spend time watering the flowers because I love to enjoy their beauty.  Yes, I love the birds too but they will find what they need, that's what nature is all about.

Speaking of Nature: A few years ago Alberta had floods, multiple devastating floods. Actually June 19 2013, almost 3 years to the day, (see Alberta Flood 2013 Timeline) there was more water than the rivers could hold but the water was still coming. 100 hundred year old flood lines were tested and the banks of the rivers quickly moved. It was minutes before the water was overwhelming and climbed the shore.  Too much, too fast and with little time to prepare much was destroyed in the path of it's force. Alberta is still recovering. (I'm marvelling here at how close to the anniversary date it is, since I'd not realized before starting to write.)


Proceed with Caution: So today I caution myself to be careful about overwatering myself. I'm watering this flower (myself) with information/knowledge and it too could quickly become overwhelming and flood me and my efforts. What then would be of what I've built and am working on building? Stoping to reflect on where I need to slow down the watering, recognize the hills and the low spots and let the pools of knowledge absorb. I realize I can come back with more water when the risk of overflow and flooding is minimal. The goal is to stretch my banks but not to destroy what has been built around them.

*Yes water the seeds I have planted, don't drown or wash them away. 

Have you acknowledged an area of Overwhelm where time and patience could limit your risk of overflow and flooding?

No comments:

Post a Comment